Singing River Health and Rehabilitation Center
Singing River Health and Rehabilitation Center specializes in skilled nursing and rehabilitation services. Our team of compassionate health care professionals is dedicated to accommodating the needs of each resident through a personalized approach. At Singing River Health and Rehabilitation Center, we strive to make your experience with us as comfortable as can be by offering a daily Life Enrichment Program. Our team is dedicated to providing a new generation of care to our residents.
Stop by for a tour today and see what sets us apart!
The well-being of our residents comes first, and our services are planned to meet the individual needs of each resident.
Singing River Health and Rehabilitation Center offers Physical Therapy (PT), Occupational Therapy (OT), and Speech Therapy (ST) for residents. Equipment used includes a SciFit, Upper & Lower Extremity Bike, Elliptical, Ultra Lift to simulate walking, weights to increase strength, and various neurologically stimulating devices. The activity department also offers pet and musical therapies.
We are the proud recipients Silver & Bronze Quality Achievement Awards by American Health Care Association
Among the services we offer are:
Health Care Services
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Nurse practitioner
- Specialized dementia program
- IV therapy
- Specialized nutrition services
- Restorative nursing therapy
- Tracheotomy care
- Specialized skin and wound care
- 3 Physicians
- Behavioral Health therapist on site
Singing River Health and Rehabilitation Center has a variety of resident requested activities. With over 200 activities per month, the activity department is closely tied to the community with over 20 groups of volunteers in a given month from local churches, senior centers, and schools. Specialty activities include origami classes.
- 1st Annual Chili Cook-off Sponsor to the benefit of American Cancer Society; special recognition granted to Singing River Rehab for most innovative fundraiser 2012; raised $3,500
- Membership to Rotary International, Jackson County Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Jackson County
- Participant & Fundraiser to Making Strides Against Breast Cancer and American Heart Association’s Go Red For Women and Heart Walk
- Host to 2012 Fall Festival
- Transport van to doctor and hospital visits
- Individual resident shopping
- Weekly takeout lunches
- Weekly socials
- Monthly outings to the casino, movies, mall, Jackson County Fair, local senior centers, and Wal-Mart.
- Spa— a spa featuring soothing music, plush towels, lotions, and a private shower room to offer a truly hotel-like experience
- Dinning Experience— professional Chef Derrick Mott offers an open-dinning experience 3 times per week. Open-dinning is defined as an atmosphere in which residents are greeted by a hostess, order from a menu and the food is prepared especially for each resident with their personal preferences to offer a restaurant touch. The extraordinary cuisine is prepared fresh daily.
- Wi-Fi- hot spots for the Internet are featured throughout the building with a computer available to all residents to access.
- Private Therapeutic Suites – 15 private therapeutic suites which are newly renovated at the entrance of the facility near the therapy department which feature amenities such as crown molding, granite countertops, flat screen televisions, and tempurpedic mattresses. The rooms provide a home-like, friendly environment with bright lighting, warm colors, and home décor. All residents receive complimentary personal laundry services. Residents are encouraged to personalize their room by bringing items from home. On the outside of each room, there is a sign that says, “Please Knock Because This Is My Home.” Singing River Health and Rehabilitation Center truly makes each room feel like home.
- Beauty and Barber Shop- newly renovated with a red leather barber chair that hosts a beautician on site 4 times per week to offer complimentary services to all residents including a cut, color, perm, style, and shaving.