Specialized programs at GCHC’s skilled nursing centers.
As hands-on caregivers, all of us at Gulf Coast Health Care’s 27 skilled nursing centers are devoted to helping our patients enjoy their best possible quality of life. In our quest to prove this commitment and achieve the goal, we have developed a number of specialized health and medical programs to address the diverse needs of everyone in our care.
To do what’s most appropriate and effective for you or your loved one, we adhere to the highest standards of care for each program. This differentiates our centers from others in properly determining—and treating—specific problem areas and diagnoses of our patients. Our primary objectives for offering specialty programs are to minimize the risk of re-hospitalization and maximize the health of everyone in our care as well as to meet critical medical needs without adding the stress and complexity of traveling to so many doctors and sites.
The specialty care and vigilance you depend on for good health.
Gulf Coast Health Care centers offer the following specialty programs to manage your health and address your unique needs. Click on each service below for more information and detail.
- Cardiac Care – Nutrition counseling, exercise, physical activity and management of weight, cholesterol, blood pressure, diabetes and more.
- Respiratory Care – Specialized services for acute or chronic lung disease, and licensed respiratory therapists for those needing an even higher level of care.
- Onsite Dialysis – For patients who need dialysis for kidney disease, some Gulf Coast Health Care centers offer in-house dialysis, a significant benefit in comfort and convenience.
- Wound Care – Comprehensive wound management to best address each patient’s unique needs.
- Surgical Recovery – Individualized, comprehensive treatment plans—carried out by trained professionals—to achieve realistic goals and maximum independence.
- Stroke Rehabilitation – A comprehensive team approach from well-trained professionals to get you back to your highest functional status.
- IV Therapy – Complete capabilities for intravenous therapy needs, and IV therapy delivered and managed by caring, knowledgeable nursing professionals.
- Bariatric Care – Nutritional counseling and management, specialized equipment, exercise therapy and the all-important psychosocial support bariatric patients need.
- Alzheimer’s & Dementia Care – At certain Gulf Coast Health Care centers, we are specially dedicated to care for people suffering from dementia or Alzheimer’s disease.
- Hospice & Palliative Care – A medical and philosophical approach—and system of services and care—to maximize quality of life at the end of life or for life-limiting illness.
Other specialized healthcare services we provide:
- Nutrition counseling & services
- Diabetes care
- Restorative nursing services
- Nutrition counseling
- IV therapy
- VitalStim® therapy
- Outpatient rehabilitative services
To contact Gulf Coast Health Care, visit our Locations page to find the number for a specific center near you.